101 Generator is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more
Generators are one of the necessities nowadays for backup and emergency usage. They play an important role in the case of an electric outage and when you need an instant electric supply for outdoor purposes.
Further complexities in electric supply sometimes result in a shortcut of electric supply which is then mostly filled with the use of generators.
With the advancement in models of generators by various companies, the more the technologies are induced within one model of generator, the more the level of price is elevated and puts more load on potential customer’s pockets.
It is most of the time difficult to search for an all-in-one package of advanced features with ease. Not to worry about a heavy load-carrying performance and prolonged run time offered within an affordable range of price.
WEN GN400i Generator Review
Wen has introduced a Wen GN400i 4000-watt open frame inverter generator, which not only offers easy convertibility of AC output to DC and DC output to AC but is also a powerful reliable source for heavy load.
The generator is way far ahead of its competitors in terms of power and price including reliable and durable features. The unit offers 2 years of warranty and effective customer care support.
How to Use Wen GN400i Generator:
- Make sure the Wen GN400i generator has fuel in it first. Check to determine if the engine’s oil needs to be replaced at all.
- At this point, make sure that all the switches are in the off position and that the unit’s breakers are also off.
- Utilize the power outlets on the generator’s back to connect any cords or electrical equipment you intend to use.
- Open the generator’s choke and the fuel valve, both of which are on the left side.
- To start the engine, depress the “Start” switch and hold it there for a few seconds.
The WEN GN400i promising features involve many advanced technologies and low-noise working. The starting watts are at 4000W and of 3500 running watts to carry on a brilliant performance.
The 212cc 4-stroke OHV engine suits the heavy load upholding and provides reliable run time and performance.
The outlets include two 120V AC, one 30amp RV outlet, one 12V DC, and two USB ports for versatile charging. The capacity of the fuel tank is 1.85 gallons which provide 8 hours of run time at 50% of the load.
The offered design is compact with dimensions of 19.8 x 13.8 x 18.9 inches which helps in easy portability and storage.
The economic use of fuel is made possible by switching on the economy mode which provides a little longer run time than usual.
A parallel connection offers the multiplying of voltage when required by connecting it with the same or a similar model of generator. Pure sine wave technology offers a cleaner output of power.
Also, low-oil and low-fuel automatic shutdowns are indicated by easy indication lights which also have a function to show the overloading or low oil capacity.
The inverter generator provides easy access to oil change and assessment of fuel because of the included fuel gauge. Even with strong and powerful output, the unit involves a parallel connection with its separately sold parallel connection kit.
The included appliances range in variety from lights, microwaves, sensitive electronics like mobile phones, laptops, computers, tablets, and many more to larger appliances like the refrigerator, RV, and many outdoor devices including an easy resource for camping, working on-site, and business.
The weight of the unit is 70.5 lbs. which is way easy to handle and carry around. The noise level is least with a DB level of 68. The unit is EPA III and CARB compliant. This powerful and reliable unit offers a warranty of 2 years.
- Engine: 4-stroke gasoline OHV single-cylinder
- Rated Output: 3500 watts per continuous minute and a peak output of 4000 watts
- Output voltage: 120V, 15A, and 60Hz
- The capacity of the fuel tank: 4 gallons
- 10 hours at 25% load for a full tank of fuel’s runtime
- System for launching: Pull start
- Noise intensity: 68 dB
- Easy storage and protection
- Open-frame inverter technology
- Provides cleaner electricity than those conventional generators
- Inverter technology complements the performance
- Minimal noise level of 68 decibels
- The lightweight of 70.5 lbs. for easy carry and portability
- Heavy 212cc 4-stroke OHV engine to power up prolongs the run time
- 7 hours of run time at 50 percent of the load on a full tank
- Reliable performance and efficient fuel use due to economy mode
- Automatic shutdown technology for protecting the engine from resistance
- Low oil indication through lights
- The affordable price range with this much if features
- Ranked top among its competitors
- Warranty of 2 long years
- Backup with customer care
- Parallel kit sold separately for parallel connection
- Provides parallel connection for multiplying voltage output and power
- Compact design with dimensions of 19.8 x 13.8 x 18.9 inches
- Easy and versatile use due to various outlets
- RV ready and for its devices
- Excludes a transfer switch that switches sources automatically
- Can become noisy if left running for a long time
- Only capable of generating 3,800 watts of power.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
Which Mobile Oil is Best for a Wen GN400i generator?
A premium synthetic 4-stroke engine oil with an API rating of SJ or above is the ideal oil for a GN400i generator.
What heavy-load machines can you run on the Wen gn400i?
A wide range of heavy-load devices, such as air compressors, pressure washers, refrigerators, freezers, sump pumps, and power tools, can be operated by the Gn400i Generator.
Which Gas is Best for WEN GN400i Generator?
The gasoline-powered GN400i generator is built to function. Your generator needs to be fuelled with brand-new, clean gasoline in order to operate well. Gasoline that is old or polluted can harm engines and result in subpar operation and decreased fuel efficiency. To assist prevent engine knock or ping, it is also advised to use gasoline with an octane value of 87 or higher.
What Are The Outlets Supports By WEN GN400i?
The outlets include two 120V AC, one 30amp RV outlet, one 12V DC, and two 5V USB ports for versatile charging.
What Is The Capacity Of the WEN GN400i Generator Fuel Tank?
The capacity of the fuel tank is 1.45 gallons which provide 8 hours of run time at 50 percent of the load.
What Is The Weight Of The WEN GN400i Generator?
The WEN GN400i is about 95 pounds in weight which is easy to carry around and increases portability. It also weighs 30 percent less than the other inverter generator reviewed.
What Is The Noise Level It Bears?
The noise level is 67 decibels which is as minimum as any human conversation.
Does It Support Electric Start?
The heavy engine doesn’t support an electric start but can only be started with a manual recoil system.
What Is The Model Of The Motor?
The heavy 212cc 4-stroke OHV engine is installed for easy powering up of the unit.
Can we run the Wen gn400i generator on gas?
Yes, both gasoline and propane can be used to power the Gn400i Generator.
What Does Run Time offer by WEN GN400i Generator?
With a 4-gallon fuel tank, the WEN GN400i can run for up to 8 hours at 50% load. Additionally, it has an automated voltage regulator to guarantee clean, reliable power and a low-oil shutdown system to prevent engine damage.
The device is easy to carry and provides a prolonged run time for operating on a minimal load and noise level too.
A reliable backup device with durable and static power protecting it from damaging any of the sensitive appliances. Wen GN400i 4000-watt offers automatic shutdown technology, low oil indication through aid lights, and an economy mode for effective use of fuel and keeping the engine safe.
The unit is outdoor-friendly as it is specifically made for RV use and its associated devices. The inverter technology compliance its further features and doesn’t actually have any drawbacks or inefficiency.
The device upholds many of its reliable features works efficiently and has an immense power supply of 4 years. The feedback further backups up its efficiency as it is positive overall.